Sunday, October 10, 2010

Horse in the Playground & Gifts from the Gas Station – 9.19.10

Getting around Teverya by car has proven to be fairly simple. We've figured out how the roads connect as well as the parking rules. In our travels around Teverya we've been able to determine where to buy certain things and where not to buy certain items.

Today, I dropped Ester off at the supermarket to pick up a few items. The girls had decided that they wanted to come along for the ride. We discovered that there was a playground right next to the supermarket – so, where better to wait for Eema? The playground was pretty empty – just a couple of kids with their mother, who were just about to leave the playground, and a horse.

As my girls headed towards the swings, we watched the horse work its way through the sprinklers that were running at the time. We considered joining the horse, but elected to stay on the swings and watch the horse from there. After some swinging, climbing, and sliding, we noticed that the horse had had enough of the sprinklers at which point it proceeded to exit the playground, cross the street, and presumably, find its way home.

With Ester still occupied with the pre-Yom Tov shopping, I decided to take the girls to fill up the car (which does seem to go through gas rather quickly). We drove a few blocks to the station that I have found to be the cheapest in town. After filling the tank, the attendant handed me my receipt and told me to take it inside the store for my "free gift". For filling up my car, I was rewarded with a 2 liter bottle of water (cold!) and a small bag of peanuts. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment